Happy Friday! I thought I'd post a few pictures for your viewing pleasure today!  The first is a picture of the majestic Heidenheim Castle.  I'm not sure if that's it's proper name, but it sits up on the hill overlooking the town.  How awesome is that to look up and see?!?  You can see it from just about everywhere around town.  We can even see it from our window!

Now a little tour around the apartment....
 Above is our kitchen area.  Pretty basic, but it does the job.  There's a little fridge in the bottom right that looks like a cabinet.  The stove top takes forever to heat up.  I miss my gas stove.  Haven't done much cooking here though and don't plan to.  

 This area is opposite the kitchen.  We have a tv, but it only gets German channels, plus CNN.  

 The other side of our living space there is a little couch and table.

 Bedroom, complete with baby peeking through the pack n play.  They were nice enough to arrange for us to have a pack n play for Valerie.  It is brand new, they came and set it up the first day.

 Valerie and I strolled around downtown after lunch today.  We met Jesse at the "Canteen," (work cafeteria).  It was pretty good.  We had ice cream as we left there...it was really good.  Valerie was very upset when it was all gone!

 She's yelling at me in German :-)

 "I found a leaf!" 
This area has a name a can't pronounce.  It's basically the main downtown shopping area.  It's super cute, lots of cafes, stores, and bakeries.

On our walk home along one of the main streets.  You can see the castle again in the distance up on the hill.  Pretty much every day has been gorgeous so far.  About 60-70 degrees.  It clouds up off and on and gets very cool at night.

Today I ventured to find the laundry room here.  Unfortunately, we have to go outside and in another entrance to get to it.  It is expensive, and I only had enough coins to do one load of laundry and not even dry it.  So now our clothes are hanging everywhere.  Hopefully some of our nice German friends will let me do laundry at their place sometime next week. :-)

Tomorrow we head to Oktoberfest, and to see Munich!  I am excited to see some more places!

German word of the day:  Hund= dog.  

Auf Wiedersehen!

Comments

  1. LOVE those pics of Valerie! Wow! Your apartment does look pretty small, but I guess it serves its purpose! Is that type of furniture "typical" for German homes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heidenheim Castle

Mid week update